auptgefreiter: Thanks, I like how the fighta turned out as well. I may go back and make a couple more.
lone dirty dog: Thanks for all your comments, I really appreciate it! Now to try to answer some of your questions.
1. I airbrushed all teh base colors, preshading and a bit of highlighting, the rest is brush work.
2. I build my own grot tank cannons because I think the grotzookas are too funny not to use. Like little leman russ battle cannons.
3. I use mig pigments. They've been around for a lot longer than some of these new chaps that recently started making pigments. I'm not saying they are better just that I bought them before there were alternatives really. But I am happy with them.
4. The runt bot was a games day UK only model that came out 1-2 years back. I had a buddy in jolly old England pick it up for me. Its a really great model too. If you can find one get it, you wont be disappointed in it.
I actually thought about making a mold of the fighting and selling it as a little kit but never got around to it. I just had too much other stuff going on.
1. Yes I agree, they need to be painted. After doing the pigments I was waiting for the turpentine to dry and then I forgot to go back and pick them out.
2. I really can't do free hand at all, honest. I have no ability to draw or paint pictures or icons or glyphs. They always look like crap. So decals it is for me. I think they turn out okay, much better than I could do by hand. I tried to do a hydra icon for my alpha legion and my brother literally laughed and said it looked like a 6 year old drew it; he was right too.
Thanks again for all your comments and gripes. I always look forward to your input.
jimjimjimmyjim: I'm not sure if I saw your deffkopta tutorial or not, got a link?